5/07/2009

ODB Moment

I felt being gritty and grimey so i was jus vybing to one of my favorite eMCees: Russell Jones aka Ol Dirty Bastard aka A'Son Unique aka Big Baby Jesus aka Dirt McGirt. Straight out of East New York, this man was the true epitomy of HOOD. As funny as it is, i look up to that man when i was younger. I never cared to be fly cuz Ol Dirty wasn't. I couldn't care about being a ladies' man cuz Ol' dirt wasnt. I just wanted to be the most Thoroghest nigga ever!. ODB was a wild dude. For example, Rolling up to pick up food stamps in a limo, coming on the grammys uninvited talkin about "WuTang is fo' da chil'en (children)", and always changing his name to some weird and random shit every 5 minutes. hold a convo to see her brother. Brooklyn Zoo was a song i sat down and memorized at the age of 8. Then when my sister got the album Enter the 36th Chamber, i tried to memorize the whole CD. When i moved to Canarsie, this dude Robert was an Odee Wu Tang Clan fanatic. By him being a fanatic turned me into one in a way. Brooklyn Zoo weirded me out too cuz it was the only song of its time that hardly had a chorus til the end (and to me that dont even count). Well here's more random entertainment i guess....
I actually met his sister at a baby shower but i was mad young to be tryna

R.I.P Russell Jones
Sunrise: November 13, 1968 Sunset: November 15, 2004


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do the WRITE thing